First taste of cereal!
Monday, May 30, 2005
Baby Talk
Today, Lily and I went to "Baby Talk". It is a group where moms and babes can get together and discuss their babies, sore boobs, non-sleeping, etc. The group meets every Monday but we do not make it to every get together - frankly, it is just too hard to get everything organized for 10am! Lily slept in today until 9:05am so we scrambled to get ready in time - it was worth it though and we had a good time. There were about 8 other moms and babes there - Lily is just about in the middle of the spectrum of ages. She enjoys looking and "talking" to the other babies but she was getting tired when we were getting ready to leave. The public health nurse attends every second Monday - she was there today and weighed all the babies. Lily weighed in at 15 pounds, 2 ounces - exactly 1 pound heavier than 2 weeks ago when she was weighed and had her needles. That is some good breastmilk I have! I tried to give Lily some rice cereal a few times but she was not too keen on it so I am happy to wait awhile longer. She is thriving on just the breastmilk and content between feedings so there is no rush. I do have a picture of the first time I gave her the cereal - I think more actually landed on her bib as she just kept thrusting her tongue forward and pushing the cereal back out. It was fun to try though.
First taste of cereal!
First taste of cereal!

No comments:
Post a Comment