Sunday, April 02, 2006

Newfoundland

Unfortunately, we had to make a trip to Newfoundland this weekend as Jody's Grandfather Stokes passed away rather unexpectedly early Thursday morning. We left home Thursday and got back this morning. It was a quick trip but I am glad that we were able to get there to support the rest of the family. Despite going there for a rather unpleasant event, we enjoyed ourselves as we got to be with Jody's family - and it was a treat for Jody's parents to see Lily since they have not seen her since last summer and are not coming here until the end of June. I always enjoy myself with the inlaws and extended family - they are a great bunch of people. While we were there, I was able to go and visit Dr. Delaney. She is the maternal/fetal medicine specialist that looked after me when I was in the hospital in Newfoundland for a couple of weeks after losing our first baby. She is so sweet and I was anxious to see her and introduce her to Lily. I got to spend about an hour with her and it was very special to me that I was able to fit this in our already busy schedule.

No comments: