Tuesday, October 18, 2005

New Tastes!

Well, since I have gone back to work, Lily has been experiencing some new foods. I have been extremely paranoid about choking, alas, the poor child has only been having pureed things so far. This past week though, I gave in and bought her some "Baby Mum Mum's" which are basically just a rice rusk which dissolve once they get wet with saliva. I decided that seeing how Lily is creeping up to nine months old, it is time to broaden her palate a little - and get her used to new textures. She really likes the Mum Mum's but yesterday, while I was sleeping and Lily and her Dad went for some groceries, there were some Arrowroots bought! I was hesitant to try these because I was not sure they would dissolve quite as well as the Mum Mum's. Jody was very anxious to try her with an Arrowroot and needless to say, she loved it! He got her the banana flavored ones and they are quite yummy. She does fine with them and has not even made the slighest inclination towards choking. My little baby is growing up so fast!! She also has her first tooth just about poking through. Her little gum is so red and a little swollen and the tooth is right there - sharp little thing too. Shouldn't be too long now before we see the pearly white shining!

No comments: