Thursday, November 10, 2005

All Stuffed Up!

Lily is dealing with her first (of many more to come over the years) cold! She has been so stuffed up at times it is hard for her to nurse because she can't suck and breathe at the same time. Poor little thing. She seems to have a day where she is better then a day where the congestion is bad again. Today was a bad day for her. Her poor little nose was so stuffy then it would drip. I try to instill some saline drops but that is a fight worse than wrangling a rattlesnake would be. I have also been using some Vicks which she does not mind at all. Then there are the good drugs, like Ibuprofen and Tylenol Cold! I am an avid believer that if there is medication out there to help you feel better, that is a good thing! The Tylenol Cold does seem to help her congestion so I give her a dose of that before bed hoping she will get a good sleep. Last night was the best she has slept in the past few nights. She didn't wake until 4am when she nursed and then went back to sleep for a couple more hours. Oh well, I hope she is feeling better soon - it is so hard so see these little munchkins feeling rotten. It is hard enough when we have to deal with an illness.

No comments: