Monday, October 16, 2006

Windsor Pumpkin Regatta

On Sunday, we went to Windsor to watch the annual Pumpkin Regatta. I believe they announced that this is the 7th year for the event and is always well attended. First, the parade started at 12 noon and was filled with lovely fall floats. Lily really enjoyed the activity associated with the parade and especially some of the treats that landed her way! After the parade, we strolled down to the waterfront to watch the Regatta. There were crowds of people with everyone wanting to get a glimpse of these huge pumpkins turned into floatation devices. There was a live band providing great musical entertainment - I would have to say that was Lily's favorite part of the whole day. She would dance to every song and then when it was over, clap her hands and say "again, again!" Too freakin cute! The winner of the event was a 71 year old man, taking home a 4th consecutive win I might add! He obviously has the secret! While we were waiting for the race to start, we ran into my brother and his wife and her daughter, Emma. It was fun to get to see them, especially since we didn't know they were going to be there! Emma was very good at distracting Lily towards the end - 3 hours of roaming about was about enough for her! We had a very fun afternoon, despite the cold wind off of the water. I really enjoy Fall with the downside being the season it leads to!

No comments: