Monday, July 03, 2006

More "Sun n Sand!"

Today we spent the afternoon at Risser's Beach. I have only been there a few times before as I much prefer Carter's but we wanted to actually be able to get in the water so we decided to try Risser's. The water was quite tolerable - Caitlin and Jody used the body boards in the waves while Lily and I walked the beach. I think I definitely have a beach bum on my hands! Lily loves the sand and water. At one point today, she ran into the wave and fell in the water - I thought this might make her a little frightened but nope, she jumped up and started to laugh. After that, I had to keep her from jumping in the waves too far - I am afraid we have such a daredevil in this child!! The only really bad part about the beach is the sand. How is it possible for sand to get absolutley EVERYWHERE! Poor Lily had it in every crevice and I am sure she ate about a pound of it throughout the day. Oh well, the joys of summer. Oh how I love the living by the coast!

No comments: