Sunday, July 02, 2006
Squirrels!
After being a VERY bad blogger, I am going to make an honest effort to keep things more regularly updated!
About 3 weeks ago, we had the cutest visitors to our yard - baby squirrels! There were 3 of them and I have no idea where their mother may have been. We do not see a lot of squirrels in our yard so I am thinking that these poor little guys may have been fending for themselves. The cat was very taken with them and my first thought was that Cloey would eat them without a second thought. Quite the opposite was true when later in the day, Cloey and the 3 babes were curled up by the deck sleeping together! These little guys were not too old - one of them still had it eyes shut. I guess he followed the other 2 to know where he was going. They stayed around for the whole day and then we never saw them after that. Unfortunatley, I am sure they were a meal for one of the felines around the neighghborhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment