Monday, July 03, 2006

Where has my baby gone??

Lily is growing and changing so fast that it is hard to believe. She can say a lot of words now and babbles the rest of the time. She is not speaking in sentences yet but is able to put 2 to 3 words together. She is in the repetitive stage where everything you say, she will try to repeat (which isn't always a great thing - Ha!). Some of her new words are Nanny, Poppy, kitty, bath, dance - I can't think of more right now but she has a pretty good vocabulary. She is able to name some parts of the body like cheek, nose, belly and eye. Tonight, she picked up a kleenex and tried to blow her nose - this is not something I have ever taught her to do but certainly a great example of how they watch and mimick everything they see and hear. She loves to cough when she is eating because she knows it gets a quick reaction from me. Once she does it and I look to her, she will do it again and again, laughing everytime. She is such a little monkey. She is very social and loves to be out and about. She is a "mommy's girl" but will interact with others very well. She loves the word "Hi" and gets quite offended when she doesn't get a response from someone making her repeat it louder and louder in attempt to get someone to speak to her. She is a wonderful eater and tries just about everything. She loves fruit and yogurt and basically, anything you give her. We are still doing the soy milk with water periodically throughout the day. I have been avoiding juice as I want her to stay interested in milk as opposed to something with less nutritional value. Nap time is still a little struggle but she is much better for her dad than me. Bedtime is not a problem with her going to bed around 7pm and sleeping until between 6:30 and 8am. She does not usually wake through the night. I am so thankful that bedtime is such a pleasant time and not a fight - here's hoping it will continue. I am completely finished nursing, which comes with mixed feelings but 16 months is still something to be proud of. I would still do it but she decided she was all done with it. As far as teeth goes, she is working on her 4 molars right now. The bottom 2 are almost completely through and the top 2 are just cutting through. Again, I am thankful that cutting teeth has not been a hard job for her. In terms of mobility, well, ,what can I say?? She is definitely a going concern. She walks, runs, stomps her foot and today, tried to jump with both her feet almost leaving the floor. She can climb into all the chairs which makes me nervous too because she thinks she can just leap from them when she wants to get down. She loves music and dancing - as soon as a tune comes on TV, she starts swaying and lifting her feet up and down - it is pretty funny to watch. Just this past week, she has been taking my finger and saying "C'mon" - this is just too funny coming from her. She is not a great car traveller - it is ok if it is around naptime because she will fall asleep but otherwise, she wines a lot while driving. I hope this is not going to be a trend because we spend a lot of time in the car and it would be much better if it was more enjoyable. I guess that is about it right now. I am very much enjoying this little person but still thinking, how has she grown this fast???

No comments: