We celebrated Jody's 32nd birthday today! His actual birthday isn't until the 14th but since that is during the week and he will be at work, we had the celebration today!

The Birthday Boy and Lily
My Dad and Carolyn came for the afternoon and we had a delicious supper followed by cake and ice cream! There were no gifts exchanged today because Jody is very impatient and he already got his presents last month! Myself and Dad bought Jody a pressure washer and he also got a new exhaust system for his car - I told him that was his birthday and Father's day presents! Lily was a very good girl and she was quite interested in the cake - and especially the bright flame that topped the cake - well, cakes actually! Jody picked out a hazelnut torte which is what we planned to have but I should have known that Dad would not come empty handed - he showed up with a chocolate cake as well - and a bunch of other goodies! He is so good to us! We decided to serve both cakes so we put the "3" on the one cake and the "2" on the other - we like to be different!

They were both delicious. Lily tried hard to get her hands on one and she was licking her lips with each bite we took. I think my Dad snuck a little taste of the chocolate to her!

With the company and extra excitement today, she did not nap! That is her downfall at the best of times anyways. She was pretty tired by 7:30 tonight and she went right to sleep when I tucked her in - fingers crossed that she will stay asleep and not just have a little nap! I think we are all a little tired actually - we have had a busy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment