Friday, June 24, 2005

The Season of Summer......Sunshine and Sand!

This week has certainly been a very nice treat - I hope it is the start to a long, hot summer! Lily has been a very good baby for the past 2 weeks or so - sometimes I wonder what happened to my baby! Hopefully she is getting older and will be nice and pleasant like this all the time! Bedtime has been going much better - she is nursing and then falls asleep - no crying or fussing - she is still in our bed but that is another story! Jody's parents and grandparents arrive on Tuesday - Jody is off this weekend then he works Tuesday before starting his 3 weeks vacation! We are looking forward to spending some time with his folks before they journey on to Ottawa. Jody is going to Newfoundland for 1 week from July 4-11th - Lily and I will be alone :( I am sure we will be able to keep ourselves occupied but we will be glad when he gets back home! Lily had her first trip to the beach today. We went to Summerville - she seemed to enjoy herself. We did not stay too long because I am afraid that her delicate, pale skin will burn - they say to avoid sunscreen until babes are 6 months old so we have a bit of time to go yet. I put her feet in the sand and you could tell she knew it was a different texture than what she has felt before - then I dipped her toes in the cold ocean - she wasn't long pulling them back! Too cold for her and me!! I am hoping that this weather continues into tomorrow - I have the babysitter coming to stay with Lily so I can go and catch some rays on the beach by myself! It has been so long since I have been able to do that and I LOVE the beach! Last year I was newly pregnant over the summer and didn't really feel like lying out but I can now! Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Getting Back from the Beach!

No comments: