Monday, August 08, 2005

Busy Weekend!

The time is flying by so fast! I cannot believe that we will soon be heading into September. I guess part of the reason I hate getting into September is because winter soons follows! Jody and I were very busy this weekend, as it seems we have been all summer long! Saturday evening we had a sitter in for Lily and we went out for a "date". We had a lovely supper at Crickets Harp. I am glad that Jody decided to go there, as I have been trying to tell him how nice it is. He had some preconceived ideas that he didn't like it there because of some things people were saying at work. Anyways, he saw, and tasted for himself just how good it is. There was a solo guitarist performing and provided a quaint atmosphere! We then headed to our friends house - another nice part of the evening. They had a fire going in the backyard and we enjoyed some good conversation along with wine. We left there and went to Dooleys - it is not the same there now (maybe it is me and the fact that I am older with a baby and husband!). Everyone seemed so young - we had a water and then went home! Lily was a good girl the whole time and never woke up for Stacey. On Sunday, we went to Dad's and met up with my brother and his fiance and son. We had another great feed there - as is usual for Dad's house! He had made Hodge Podge - I was in heaven! The first that I have had this summer - we don't make it at home since Jody doesn't like it! Lily enjoyed all the people around and had fun swinging on the patio swing. We decided to have a fire in our fire place last night after being inspired by Joey and Donna's flames the night before! We roasted marshmallows and had homemade lemonade - delicious! Lily was tucked in bed for the night and we enjoyed the outdoors with Zoey. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Our Good Looking Fire! Image hosted by Photobucket.com Jody with his Roasting Stick Image hosted by Photobucket.com Roasting a Marshmallow! Image hosted by Photobucket.com Enjoying some Lemonade Image hosted by Photobucket.com Pretty Zoey

No comments: