Yesterday, we enjoyed a fantastic day at Carter's Beach. There were soooo many people there - the most I have ever seen at one time and I have spent a good many hours lounging there!! I guess the Marina was having their party there - there were a lot of boats moored off the first beach - it made for beautiful scenery. Anyways, my brother and his fiance came down for the day - it was their first trip to Carter's but hopefully not the last. This was the first time Lily has spent "real" time at the beach - we usually just go for a walk and then leave but we spent about three and a half hours there and she was an angel. We took a walk over to the third beach and she had a nap in the stroller and then she was good to go again. Jody, Melvin and Keri were brave and played frisbee in the freezing cold water - but mind you, they were not out too far!! (Further than you would have gotten me though!) I took the opportunity to nurse Lily while they were being energetic! We were very glad that my brother suggested to have a beach day!!

Lily being a good girl in the car on the way to the beach

Lily was having a great time playing with toys in the shade!
After the beach, Melvin and Keri came back to the house and we got to indulge in Jody's culinary expertise. We had yummy appetizers consisting of shrimp and garlic toast with iced tea and then BBQ'q chicken and baked potatoes! A delicious meal indeed!
I was hoping that all the day's activity would make Lily sleep better - WRONG! She slept very poorly last night - awoke at 3am and then off and on frequently after that! Hard on poor Mommy! Here's hoping for a better sleep tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment